Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Crustless Quiche

I found this recipe on Pinterest and wanted to try making something similar. So I just used most of the veggies in my fridge plus some eggs and coconut milk. The only labor-intensive part was pre-cooking the veggies, but that actually didn't take too long.

4-5 big leaves of chard
1 small sweet potato, shredded
1 small zucchini, shredded
1/2 red bell pepper
1 onion
1/3 spaghetti squash
1 lb ground pork
6 eggs
1/3 cup coconut milk



Preheat oven to 375. Have a 9x13 pan ready.

I chopped the stems of the chard and the bell pepper and started those in a big skillet with coconut oil. Then I chopped the onion and the chard leaves and added those after a few minutes. Once those were all getting soft, I added the sweet potato, zucchini, and spaghetti squash (which I had already cooked and shredded) to warm up. I didn't stress about cooking all of these completely because they would soon be sitting in an oven for 40 minutes. In a separate skillet (or remove the veggies and use the same one) I cooked a pound of ground pork with quite a bit of seasonings (21 seasoning salute, chili powder, garlic powder, Italian herbs). This could easily be replaced with sausage or whatever meat is on hand. Put a layer of veggies, then meat, in the 9x13 pan.

In a small bowl, mix the eggs and milk. Add a little pepper. Pour this over the meat and veggies. This can be done with less eggs in a smaller pan, or more eggs to make a thicker quiche. Once the meat/veggies are covered, pop it in the oven for around 40 minutes or until the egg looks firm/cooked.

Voila.

No comments:

Post a Comment