Thursday, October 4, 2012

Almond Muffins

I rarely look at Pinterest, unless one of the girls tells me to, or sometimes I get an email from Pinterest with something that looks interesting. Then I get all excited and "pin" something and decide to use this fun tool more often. And then I forget. Lather, rinse, repeat.

But today I saw a pin about cooking pancake batter in muffin tins, and zipped into the kitchen to experiment. Here's my grain-free version.



Almond Muffins

3 large eggs
1/4 cup water
2 tbsp oil (coconut or mild olive oil)
1 cup almond flour (the finely ground kind)
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
dash of stevia or honey if you want them sweet

Beat eggs, water and oil with a fork, and add dry ingredients. Grease 6 muffin tins very well, and fill each about half-way. (Mine made exactly six). Bake in preheated 400 degree oven about 10-12 minutes, or until very lightly browned and firm to the touch.

Makes a good quick breakfast -- you decide what to put on them. I tried a little butter and I think they would be a great accompaniment to soup for dinner. A good substitute for cornbread, which I confess that I miss. 

(And yes, this batter makes really good pancakes.)

(Steph, this is for you!)

No comments:

Post a Comment