Sunday, September 2, 2012

Sweet Potato Fries

I wanted to do fries, but I forgot to buy any kind of dipping sauce, so I just made them kind of seasoned/spicy and they turned out great. However, I didn't write down my recipe, so I don't know how much of anything I used. But its not an exact science, right?



3 lb bag of sweet potatoes (8-10 medium potatoes?)
Coconut oil
Garlic powder
Paprika
Chili powder
Salt + pepper


Preheat oven to 425. Wash and peel the potatoes. Cut them into fries-sized pieces and toss in big mixing bowl with enough oil to coat them. From here, I just started adding spices, enough of each kind to cover all the fries, plus some salt and pepper. Lay them in a single layer on cookie sheets and bake until they start to crisp. The time to cook them will depend on how thick the pieces are, so keep an eye on them after around 15 minutes.

I baked mine until they were soft, then took them out and tossed some more oil and parmesan cheese on and baked them for around 8 more minutes (this might have been under the broiler).

Next time I make these, I'll pay more attention to how I do it, and I'll actually write it down  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment