Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Pumpkin Mug Cake

I've played around with this recipe for a while, I like that it doesn't have added sugar and its pretty easy to adapt. And since it has pumpkin in it, I feel like its not totally bad for me.

I made it last night with applesauce and cocoa powder and I think its my favorite version so far.

  • 1 big spoonful pumpkin puree (maybe 1.5 tablespoons?)
  • 1 tablespoon coconut flour
  • 1 tablespoon cocoa
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tablespoon applesauce
  • 1 teaspoon coconut oil
  • 2 tablespoons coconut milk
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • pinch of salt
Mix all ingredients in a mug (I used my 2-cup Pyrex) and microwave for 2:30, then an extra 30 seconds if the middle is still gooey.

I dumped my cake into a bowl, cut it in half, and tossed a handful of chocolate chips in the middle to melt. Perfect dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment