Thursday, February 14, 2013

Paleo Chicken-Potato Salad

Let's ignore the name of this recipe, it was actually most of the contents of my fridge thrown in a bowl with some Paleo mayo.

First, Paleo Mayo. Make it. Everything that Melissa tells you to do, do it--really slowly. It took me like twice as long as she said to stream in the olive oil because I was scared I was doing it too fast. But my mayo turned out perfectly and I was stoked so, worth it? Yes.

Then comes Sweet Potato Chicken Salad. I found that recipe on my Pinterest from a long time ago, and it served as my inspiration. This recipe could make a lot of food or just one serving, depending on the amounts of each ingredient. Of course, I made way more than I planned but it was great leftover, so no problems there. Naturally, add more potatoes/chicken/veggies/mayo than listed below if you're making a bigger batch.

Paleo Mayo
Sweet potatoes (1-2 depending on how much other stuff you have)
Cooked chicken breasts (1-2 depending on how much other stuff you have)
Raw carrots, celery, snap peas, bell peppers, any other veggies you might have...
Dill
Garlic Powder
Salt+pepper
TJ's Everyday Seasoning and/or Lemon Pepper
Olive Oil



So, cube your sweet potato(es) and roast those the way you want (oil + s/p at 425 until tender). My chicken was already cooked, so I diced that. I chopped some carrots, celery, snap peas, bell peppers, who knows what else (it's been a month or so since I actually did this). Basically, any veggies you want would work in here. Once the potatoes are done and cooled, add those with all your chopped veggies/chicken in a mixing bowl. Plop a couple spoonfuls of mayo and start mixing (but don't mash the potatoes). Add more mayo, depending on the amount of veggies and chicken. You could also drizzle some olive oil in with the mayo to thin it out a bit. Then add seasonings: garlic powder and dill, salt and pepper, TJ's Everyday Seasoning if you'd like. Mix it up and eat it all.




No comments:

Post a Comment