Thursday, December 6, 2012

Pork Tenderloin with Butternut Squash

Thank you Em, for recommending this to me. I've gotten so tired of my usual meat (chicken, ground beef), so this is a welcome change.

I had maybe (I don't remember, shocker) a 1.5-2 pound pork tenderloin, unseasoned...just hanging out in its own juices. I put the whole thing in a bowl and ground a bunch of Trader Joe's Lemon Pepper, Everyday Seasoning, and salt over all sides and rubbed it in. I put it on a foil-covered cookie sheet with a roughly chopped onion, sprinkled the whole thing with 21 Seasoning Salute, and put it in the oven at 425 for about 30 minutes.

I don't have a meat thermometer, so I just cut it open after about half an hour and checked for pink...at this point it was still just a teeny bit pinker than I wanted, so I put it under the broiler for a few minutes. I've never cooked pork tenderloin before, so I wasn't sure how much pink was okay, and how much would poison me, so I went for well-done.

I roasted some butternut squash at the same time (for probably only 20 minutes or less) and drizzled that with TJ's balsamic glaze. I don't have a picture because I ate it too fast, but you can imagine what it looked like. Bonus: I ate maybe 1/4 of it, so I have lots of leftovers.

Voila. New favorite thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment